Ginkgo contains high levels of flavonoids and terpenoids, antioxidants that provide protection against oxidative cell damage from harmful free radicals.
Traditional herbal uses of ginkgo include:
- Soothing a bladder infection
- Increasing sexual energy.
- Improving thinking and memory processes in people with Dementia
- Improving blood circulation in the brain
- Helps with anxiety and depression
Researchers believe that ginkgo improves cognitive function because it promotes good blood circulation in the brain and protects the brain and other parts from neuronal damage.
*People who take SSRI type anti-depressants should not take ginkgo biloba supplements as it reduces the effectiveness of the medications.
There are no reviews yet.